Summer’s gifts are ready to harvest, enjoy, and share! Are you being rewarded and nourished by the efforts you put into creating your life consciously in recent months? Now is a good time to ponder how you can set the stage for even more goodness in the months ahead! The change of seasons is a great time for progress review and goal setting. May the new season bring you good energy and great good fortune!
In this newsletter, you will find:
- Article: Developing a Better Relationship with Your Self.
- Events & Services
- October SFQ Level One Class in Sauk Centre
- The Buzz
- Art of Bliss Retreat Review: Comments & Photos
- Client & Student Testimonials
- Good Reads: Book & Study Recommendations
- Have Qi Will Travel ~ Private instruction and presentations available!
Please share the goodness with friends and family members by forwarding this newsletter. How can Wonder Horse support you on your healing journey?
Positively Healing, Rhonda Battisto
Owner, Wonder Horse, LLC
Improving the quality of life through love, kindness, forgiveness and compassion.
Checking In: A Practice
Developing a Better Relationship with Your Self by Checking In to Gain Insight
While contemplating many aspects of my life and relationships, it became abundantly clear that I know what I do not want. I believe this is true of many, perhaps most of us. I was a bit surprised though, that I may not always be as adept at articulating what I truly do want – or noticing the subtle shifts day to day, season to season, and year to year. I regularly set goals, evaluate my progress, and journal on what I’ve learned with great appreciation. I see that many of my choices support my progress, my goals. Some of my habits may not.
Those who focus on others first – nurturers, parents, teachers, caregivers, etc. – may lack clarity if asked: “So what do you want?!” Several weeks ago I began checking in each day, to see what I could learn as I developed a practice of asking regularly, the needs of my heart & soul. Over time, I have noticed a simplicity, clarity and depth in my desires. At the end of each session, I note thoughts which arise. Some are ‘actionable’ and others simply inform me.
With countless ways to check in, I’ll share one which you can ‘make your own’ as you wish.
- Choose a comfortable place to sit quietly with your eyes closed for 10-15 minutes
- Bring paper & a pen to make notes at the conclusion of your check-in
- If it is comfortable for you to do so, put your hands over your heart
- With your focus on your heart, silently greet yourself with kind, appreciative thoughts
- Breathing gently through your nose, relax for a few minutes
- Ask your inner self/higher self: “Is there anything you’d like me to know?” or ask any questions which you’ve been interested in gaining insight about, regarding your body, emotions, healing, or even behaviors. You might ask something like: “What is needed to heal this situation?”
- Sit quietly for at least 10 minutes to see what awareness arises
- Thank yourself, open your eyes, and record your thoughts
The one theme I ‘hear’ again and again, is a desire for more of this time of listening. I’d love to hear from you! What is your experience like, tuning in to your heart’s deepest desire?
Events and Services
- LEVEL ONE SPRING FOREST QIGONG SAUK CENTRE, MN
- FREE PRACTICE GROUP
- MONDAY SFQ CLASSES
- RELAXATION RETREAT at CROW WING CREST
- 3rd ANNUAL PEDIATRIC PALLIATIVE CARE SYMPOSIUM
- HEALING SERVICES
SAUK CENTRE, MN
Sunday, October 22, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. $99.00 per person.
- Bring-a-friend discount when you register together
- Space is limited.Advance registration is required.
- Students who complete this workshop will receive a completion certificate.
NE MINNEAPOLIS 2nd & 4th Mondays each month.
Adults of all ages are invited to attend!
AKELEY, MN September 22-25, 2017
- Healing services & SFQ class with Rhonda Battisto
MINNEAPOLIS, MN September 28-29, 2017
- Interactive Spring Forest Qigong with Rhonda Battisto
How can Wonder Horse support you on your healing path?
Are you interested in receiving in-person, telephone, or distance healing support?
The activities director at The Wellington Senior Living Apartments in St. Paul is doing a Facebook feature story on Rhonda’s teaching, and impact on the residents there!
Resident students love how they feel after their monthly qigong class, and their smiles are so rewarding
Do you know of a community that might benefit from the regular practice of qigong? Referrals are appreciated!
The Art of Bliss Women’s Retreat Review
The sold out Art of Bliss retreat was an amazing experience! The perfect gathering of beautiful, powerful women, co-created an incredibly rich, multi-faceted healing weekend. The high caliber and profound spirits of these wise, open-hearted women was awe-inspiring! The sharing and expansion of bliss with authentic presence, courage, play and generosity was a gift to witness and behold! One of our guests truly appeared ten years younger after a few days with our ‘Bliss Tribe’! Everyone benefited from the warmth and authenticity shared generously and well.
Publications which I find valuable include:
Book: Energy Medicine by Donna Eden & David Feinstein Ph.D.
Books, audio and video teachings of Pema Chodron
(Many available at: SoundsTrue.com)